April 15, 2007

Another death in the family

So, after losing my 360 out of warranty and beginning the process of getting it repaired, I was understandably bummed. But now, I though, I would have the time to spent with my Wii that it so richly deserved. My girlfriend even bought me Super Paper Mario, which I was tremendously excited to play.

It appears, however, that the fates were not aligned in my favor. For the last few days I've had odd freezing issues, but they cleared up quickly and were at most a minor annoyance. But as the week went on they got more and more common, and I was worried that the console had to be unplugged after a freeze, not responding to the power or reset buttons. However now, the console has gone completely kaput, freezing immediately on start-up, before I can even load a game.

Now, I called Nintendo customer service to start the repair process and guess what happened. The first time I called, they said they were too busy and suggested I call back later. Fun fact: They play the Twilight Princess version of the Zelda theme when you're on hold.

I'll keep you updated on the status. Hopefully I'll be able to get through soon.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, that's sad! I think you're right about the next-gen systems being prone to disastrous crashes. I don't think anyone would stand for a computer that crashes so often -- it's a wonder that consoles can get away with it.